Thursday 6 November 2008

Only Medicine? Don't think so..

This time, the experience is mine..

One day, while at work I started experiencing severe pain in the left side of the lower back.. I ignored it.. at least tried to. But the pain persisted, and went bad to worse.. I had to leave office and come back home, cause I could not bear the pain anymore. That is when my mom took me to our doctor - a homeopath.. The moment I told him the symptoms, he directed me for an ultrasound and his fear was correct - I was detected with two 8mm stones in the left kidney, and because they were trying to move I was experiencing the pain.

I was completely bed ridden for one week, was given terribly foul-smelling medicines (german), and was made to drink loads of water.. I actually lost a few kgs in a week! (an achievement for me in a normal scenario).

Anyways, the treatment progressed and the pain killers started working. Though I have complete faith in Homeopathy, I was forced by people around to at least take a second opinion from an allopath.

So after lot of discussions we decided to consult another doctor (this time an allopath). And, did he scare me? I was ready for the surgery immediately. All this while I continued with the homeopathic medicines, had loads of water, and avoided all that my doctor has asked me to. I had been taking the medicines for almost 25 days now..

The date for the surgery was decided. I opted for the cashless facility from the insurance cover to pay for the same. And then I discovered what a pain it is to get the insurance companies to pay for you.. Because the insurance was done through my organization, questions cropped up like - "When did you join the organization?", "Such big stones can never form during this duration, and hence we will not pay for this", "Do you have a family history of stones?"

Anyways, I reached RG Stone Clinic, with money in my hand, and a prayer in my heart - "Guruji, up to you, please handle this." I was taken for the X-rays to ensure the exact location of the stones. That is when I got a call from the Insurance company informing me that they have faxed a document to the hospital, and my claim has been sanctioned. The first thing that came to my mind was - "Thank you Guruji!"

While I was waiting for the X-ray reports, I was asked to come to the Urologist's cabin. He wanted to conduct another Ultrasound. And, guess what? There was NO stone! I was exhilarated and a feeling of gratitude took over..

I do not rule out the fact that Homoepathy worked for me.. but in less than a month, I got rid of the stones, the insurance was also sanctioned.. I feel it was a bit more than just the medicine..

By the way, whenever I come across anyone with a kidney stone, I definitely refer them to my doctor!

1 comment:

Random Reflections said...

Hes the homeopath, the allopath, the insurance agency :)

btw. tell us some more about yourself :)
JGD